Questions

Options
Leslie James
Leslie James Posts: 323 admin
edited November 2022 in Features of the Community

Begin by Searching

The community is a growing encyclopedia of knowledge and answers. Before posting a question, be sure to take a minute to search the forum. Even if you don’t find your answer, you may uncover relevant insight. 

Ask a Question

The “New Post” dropdown also gives you the option to Ask a Question. 

While you can technically ask questions via a Discussion post, the Q&A includes a few features that make it better suited to asking (and answering) questions. All unanswered questions are listed on a dedicated Unanswered page, accessible in the Quick Links area. This makes it much easier for users to find questions, which, in turn, makes it more likely they'll answer them.

Q&A posts can have one of three statuses:

• Question: The post has no answers or only rejected answers.
  • Answered: The post has tentatively answered or potentially answered responses that have not been marked accepted or rejected by the author (or admin).
  • Accepted Answer: The post has at least one accepted answer (i.e., an answer has been marked as accepted by the question's author or admin).

1. Create a Relevant Subject Line

The subject line is an important factor in the search algorithm used in the community. So make sure your subject is something that other users with the same question can easily search for and find. 

2. Share Your Goal

Make sure those who are reading your question will know what you’re ultimately trying to accomplish. This is important because sometimes the exact feature or function isn’t always possible, but there may be a creative workaround that gets you to the results you want. Five, describe the roadblock. What’s preventing you from accomplishing this goal? Where are you running into this issue?

3. Provide Examples 

The more information you can share about your question or challenge, particularly the tricky ones, the better. The most useful information to share is what products and tiers you have, any relevant settings or configurations, and any error messages or solutions you've already tried. All these can help other Community members more quickly establish your best course of action. Images are — of course — useful, but be careful not to share any sensitive information. I like to use a screen grab tool where I can blur anything I don't want others to see (As always, do not include PHI data.)

4. Find the right tag(s) 

Posting your question in the right place is key to making sure the people best suited to answer you see your question as soon as possible. While there are some people, like me, that help wherever they can, we're also lucky to have the support of several subject matter experts. These experts are likely to check the most relevant tags, like Investigation or Auditing, more often than others. 

5. Mark answers, “Accepted.” 

If someone from the community has provided a response that solved your issue or helped answer your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. An accepted answer will be flagged as the Best Answer, which will be pinned to the top of the comment list so other users can easily find it. This lets others know that the solution was helpful and ensures that it surfaced in the search results properly. By following these guidelines, you’ll provide all the necessary information to get the best possible response. What new insight will you discover?